Heather Schweizer, DO
Heather Schweizer, DO, specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases that affect the various components of the human nervous system (brain, spinal cord and nerves) while placing an emphasis on evaluating the entire nervous system as a whole in order to identify the root cause of the patient's ailment.
Dr. Schweizer has advanced training and experience in stroke/cerebrovascular disease, epilepsy and headache.
Conditions Dr. Schweizer treats:
- Alzheimer's disease.
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's disease).
- Cerebrovascular disease, such as stroke.
- Compressive neuropathies.
- Coordination and balance problems.
- Decrease in sense of touch or sensation.
- Degenerative disc disease and spinal pain.
- Demyelinating diseases of the central nervous system, such as multiple sclerosis.
- Disorders of consciousness, including blackout, seizures and epilepsy.
- Electromyography (EMG) studies.
- Headaches and migraines.
- Infections of the brain and peripheral nervous system.
- Memory problems.
- Movement disorders, such as Parkinson's disease.
- Muscle disease and weakness.
- Nerve impingement.
- Neuropathy and neuropathic pain.
- Speech and language disorders.
- Spinal cord disorders.